Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Jaguars 9, Steelers 0

Tuesday morning found me as it often does, contemplating God’s goodness at the fact that I feel better than I did yesterday, despite the fact that I did nothing to deserve that blessing. I spent last night huffing and puffing in frustration as I watched a team in odd colors do to my team what I grew up watching my team do to other teams.

It is important to ignore the fact that the game was not truly over until…well until it was almost over.

When your offense cannot muster a rushing first down, you have been thoroughly beaten

When you do not cross the opposing teams forty yard line at ANY point, you have been served a fairly substantial helping of Whoopin.

When you make a habit of being near the top of the NFL in Rushing offense AND rushing defense, and then allow a team to nearly QUADRUPLE your rushing output, it is finally time to recognize the perpetual bulls-eye the Super Bowl XL championship banner hanging in Heinz Field has brought with it.

Jacksonville is a quality football team forged in the spirit of the its coach and the hard working blue-collar town it calls home. It found itself in the AFC championship game in its second year of existence, but labors in complete obscurity, its 12-4 season last year overshadowed at first by landmark seasons by the Colts and Bengals, and then finally by the Road Warrior run of the Steelers.

Add to that the coronation that was last week’s win in Pittsburgh and the Jaguars spared not the rod in welcoming the Steelers and their fans back to earth.

What now, you say? I direct you to the devotional. Whenever you find yourself on the receiving end of the best life has to give you…or in your particular case, the worst, wisdom is the best medicine.

Let not your heart be troubled, Steelers Faithful…into each life a little rain must fall.

You must bear the rain in September to reign in February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home