Sunday, January 29, 2006

Uncle

Sometime you just have to know when to admit defeat. My younger cousin Carol, the smart one in the family, owns me in all word games - Scrabble, Boggle, et al. - but I challenge her to a game every time I see her because she's younger than me and I am supposed to beat her. Never mind the fact that in nearly 40 years I don't recall ever beating her - or even coming close - but I dutifully take my beating every time I see her because one of these days I'm going to take her down.

I don't have that obligation when it comes to Dave. I'll just admit defeat now as he has thoroughly defeated Don and me in the weekly prognostication exercise. Next season you will all have the opportunity to pick against Dave, and we will have some kind of prize for the super prognosticator(s) relating to Super Bowl XLI.

Congrats Dave - you know your football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home