Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Slow to speak

Oscar and I spoke very shortly after the debacle that was Sunday afternoon. That was not the time to write about the game. Taking a full extra 24 hours from my usual Tuesday spot was the wise thing to do. Time, as it always does in matters regarding the Steelers, has mellowed me to the point that I can speak with some degree of clarity and context.

The important thing for me is to maintain the attitude I had before I arrived at my chosen location for the game, in this case the Buffalo Wild Wings in Euless, TX where I watched the Cowboys, Giants, Steelers, and Jaguars all take turns trying to give a football game away. Two of the teams succeeded, almost simultaneously. The games ended at almost exactly the same time, sending me fleeing the scene while fans of random indistinct teams chuckled as I strode out of the joint in anger with a bemused but patient fiancee in tow.

Here I sit Wednesday, as the Steelers sit at and unacceptable 3-2(1-2 at HOME, 0-2 against PLAYOFF CALIBER TEAMS AT HOME!), I am...going to be patient.

Sundays game is a must win. Not so much for reasons of records and division races, but for reasons of respect and momentum. Big MO swung mightily and knocked the Steelers for a loop, knocking the Steelers from the ranks from the pre-eminent teams in the NFL and elevating...The BENGALS(!!!!) to the ranks of the Colts and Broncos(who smacked around the Patriots) as the teams to beat in their respective divisions.

The less said about Mr. Maddox, the better, so I won't comment on what was plainly seen. I will only pray Mr. Rothlisberger's strength on Sunday as well as all the others who are ailing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home