Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bye Week in Texas

I did something I have never done before in 33 years of watching football. I spent this past Sunday without it. There were football games on TV, yes, but not MY TV. I saw not one play, not one score, nothing. I picked my games (better than the other two gentlemen on this site incidentally) early sunday morning, then I went on my way and lived my life as though I cared not a whit about the NFL or any other level of football. I waited until the stroke of Midnight to check on the scores and re-introduce myself to the NFL.

Why?


Because I needed to know I could. And to be honest, you need to know that you can as well. I wasn't distraught about losing to the Patriots,( at home, again) but I was sufficiently disgruntled that I found myself unwilling to write about it.

As a professional writer, that is a cause for alarm.

So I took a step back and took personal inventory about myself and my life. I didn't really think I was fanatical about the Steelers, or football in general.

Now that I know I am not, life can go on. see you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home